Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TCDA and Doggie Anxiety

TCDA in San Antonio was a blast. I had a great time with Andrea, Robin, and Henri (the girls I roomed with). I also got to hang out with Joey, the assistant director from my student teaching school. I haven't seen him since May so it was a lot of fun to go out and visit.

I went to several music readings and unfortunately wasn't impressed by too much. I just feel like a lot of composers aren't trying anymore. Joey commented that a few pieces seemed like something the composer had turned in for a theory final in college. And the texts that are being set are so depressing and woe-is-me. I joked with Robin that the emo/punk culture has finally caught up with classical music. Anyway, I did find a couple of nice pieces and a few pieces that I'd like to find in an SSA arrangement for my Concert girls. We'll see. I'm hoping to make a trip up to the school today to look over some music and maybe figure out my program.

Unfortunately I got to show my head director my wimp side due to a horrible migraine attack Friday morning. I really need to get on some steady medication. Those unpleasant experiences need to stop asap.

Since TCDA I've just been reorganizing my house. Which has been somewhat hard because I am not motivated at all!! It's slowly coming together, though.

So the other half of my title, Doggie Anxiety. Tristan brought my dog, Buddy, to CS on Saturday after I got back. Buddy was abandoned by his previous owners and apparently now has horrible separation anxiety. We were slowly making progress until last night when I went to dinner at Krystle and Lee's and then to Adam's softball game with Matt. I was gone about three hours and when I came back, Buddy had ripped open a package of water bottles, torn down the sheet covering the window where he had previously torn down the blinds, and torn down and chewed one side of the blinds in the living room. And I even had those blinds pulled halfway up!!

I googled the issue and found a couple of helpful articles. The problem is that fixing this issue takes time, and tomorrow I will have to be gone for 8 hours straight for GT training. I'm just going to work on some things today in hopes that tomorrow only portions of my house will be destroyed =/. I just wish this were an easier transition for Buddy and a less expensive one for myself!! Time will tell, I suppose.


Until Next Time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment